- Deadliest mass shooting in US history at Las Vegas concert
- More than 50 killed, 406 injured at Route 91 Harvest Festival
- Gunman sprays bullets from 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay
- Police kill attacker named as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock
- At least eight guns found in hotel room; motive unclear
- Laura Robson in 'shock' after being caught up in gun attack
- Witnesses thought automatic gunfire was fireworks
- Everything we know so far about Las Vegas Strip attack
The attacker's motive is unknown, but police believe he acted alone. They said he is "not believed to be connected to any militant group", adding: "We have no idea what his belief system was."
The Las Vegas sheriff had been seeking Paddock's female "companion", Marilou Danley, as a "person of interest". After she was located, police said the 62-year-old, who is believed to have lived with Paddock, was not involved in the shooting.
An estimated 22,000 people dived for cover as hundreds of rounds of shots rained down on the crowd during the Route 91 Harvest Festival at shortly after 10pm on Sunday local time (6am Monday BST). Two off-duty police officers were among the dead.
Las Vegas authorities said police found at least eight guns and "a number of" long rifles in the attacker's hotel room after officers shot him dead.
The shooting came towards the end of the three-day festival while headliner Jason Aldean, the American country music singer, was on stage. Mr Aldean posted on Instagram that he and his crew are safe, as he said: "My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved."